Tuesday 10 June 2014

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

What has prompted this blog post??

I've been published - and my blog address is in the magazine - so I've decided I shouldn't be such a slacker and start blogging again - I'm thinking I could be showing processes, works, whatever - but definitely get back into the habit - it's amazing how quickly one loses the discipline when getting stuck into something else - for me it was getting ready for the end of my course....

Since my last post myself and my fellow emerging artists from Stitch Theroem (the last graduates of the Diploma of Textile Arts at Box Hill - they've cancelled the course) held our graduate exhibition at Tacit Contemporary Art - we had a fabulous time and Keith and Tim were so supportive of us and our work - thanks guys.

I'll come back with more about the exhibition in my next blog post.

So, published - I was very excited to be included in the latest Down Under Textiles, a magazine that provides fantastic information and inspiration to me as a textile artist.

This is an Instagram photo collage of the article.

Using a Peruvian technique called Mola - which is more widely known as Reverse Applique - I created images from photos using fabric and thread.....

I was advised by my dear husband that I should have smiled!!


Abstract
Check out the magazine for a step by step process of how to turn your photos into fabric images - it's easy to do and it's a lot of fun.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your mola images are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done .. and welcome back x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back - I was only thinking of you on the weekend and was wondering what happened to you. Congrats on the magazine article!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Your husband might have been onto something though ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Gorgeous, I love your work!! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments - so please feel free!!