Tuesday 17 December 2013

Still here........

Busy doesn't even describe the past month or so:

  • new job
  • do.good Stitching
  • sewing
  • knitting
  • crocheting
  • veggie gardening
  • felting
  • embroidering
  • article writing (for my classmates and I, we're Stitch Theorem and we have a couple of exhibitions coming up)
  • CFA stuff (Country Fire Authority for those outside Victoria - it's a voluntary Fire Fighting Service and I've joined the support team - I don't go and fight the fires - my husband does that - I do admin stuff, sizzle sausages and stage manage a local Carols by Candlelight....)
Apart from the fact I love my new job (House co-ordinator at our local Community House) and all the wonderful challenges it brings, another fabulous side effect is that I have to be super-organised to ensure I fit everything in - so few minutes get wasted and I have accomplished loads of stuff that I wouldn't have in my pre-new-job life....brilliant!!

One of my exhibition pieces - not yet finished - I used a sun dye in 'bark' and used brown paper as the mask - it was a bit windy that day so I put a load of coins onto the brown paper to stop it blowing away and got a fabulous pattern I wasn't expecting - very serendipitous...

Both my boys are home for Christmas which I'm very happy about and my little brother and his wife will be coming to Melbourne in the New Year - very happy about that too :)

....the only thing I'm not happy about is the cricket...

Ok - back to it...

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job..sounds right up your alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shocking abandonment Hocking! Congrats on the new job though :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations - enjoy the holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, I hope you can take a breath between Xmas and New Year. Congratulations on the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new job. Sounds like you're going to keep being very busy. Hope you have time to stop in (or stop by) every now and then though

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments - so please feel free!!