Tuesday 5 March 2013

Market Survivor...

Well, a combo of aspirin (because the strong painkillers just made me loopy) and antibiotics, a strong dose of adrenalin and excitement and the best wishes and sympathy I received from my gorgeous readers got me through on Saturday - thank you.

The day started a little awry - my bff hadn't seen my face until then so it was a bit of a shock to her - and then we got slightly geographically challenged on the way to the market - I'm blaming that on the 5.30m start!

We set up pretty quickly then it was  matter of waiting for customers and getting to know our stall holder neighbours - both of them were old hands at markets so had a few tips for young players!

The swelling went down as the day progressed so I was looking halfway normal by pack up time.  A strong contingent of friends and family came to wish me luck - and buy something (which was the SWEETEST thing ever! - thank you from the bottom of my heart) - and even wonderful people I didn't know bought as well :)

I think I'm calling it a modest success - I certainly got some lovely feedback and have a better idea of the things I could make and how things could be better displayed (there was a surprising number of questions about what the soft baskets could be used for).  So I'm doing it all again on the 30th March for the Mornington Easter Market.....back to the sewing machine!

On the tooth front, it was removed yesterday and while not completely pain free, it's certainly on the mend.

Thanks again for all your kind wishes - onwards and upwards.......

5 comments:

  1. So glad the tooth is out and your mouth is on the mend! It sounds like the stall went really well (what did people think the baskets were for?!), good luck for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the tooth is gone, as well as lots of things that you made. Sounds like your first market experience was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you. Modest success is brilliant for your first time out. And you learned how you can knock it out of the park on the 30th so that made the trial run worth while.

    Im sorry to hear you're under the weather...hope that all resolves quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear the market went well and you're going to try another

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments - so please feel free!!