Monday 6 February 2012

Mouthy Stitches pouch swap - 'Mulleting around the twist' - finished!

The pouches showing up on the Flickr site for this swap are amazing - the expertise, skill and inspiration evident from all the swappees is amazing - and their willingness to go that extra little bit in terms of finish is just awesome...I'm in some seriously amazing company...so obviously all stops needed to be pulled....

I stalked my secret partner - examined her mosaic, read up on her blog and carefully monitored her comments on photos in the group - and concluded my partner has eclectic tastes - I concluded a few other things too but if I write them down, it'll be very easy to identify her - so I'll keep those to myself..

From there I shared a few ideas, some of which weren't enthusiastically received, so changed things around, added some other colours, took some out, thought a bit more......and came up with 'Mulleting Around the Twist'.....


The front is reasonably formal, a little pleating (with a few buttoned up twists), a little stitchery.....but......in true mullet fashion, there's a party going on in the back...


A whirlpool of patterns and a tickertape 'Sew around the twist'.

The inside is fully lined...



So on the days my secret partner feels a little formal or in need of a little calm, the front of the pouch can be facing her - and the little twists can entice her to do a flip and have a party, if that is her want - best of both worlds?

I really hope my partner likes it - it was fun to do, a bit of a challenge and now all that's left is to add some scraps and get it in the post.

9 comments:

  1. love the front and the back of your pouch

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, I would love to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its gorgeous. I love how you did the pleating.
    You know, if your partner doesn't want it, I'll take it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautiful! I love the tucks - really clever.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just gorgeous kay! I'm seeing a full size Bag in this design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your partner is going to be thrilled!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love LOVE this!!! Every single thing about it. Hope you partner appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments - so please feel free!!